Saturday, June 14, 2008

MacArthur Park-Wilshire Blvd, , Pedal Boating



On Saturday, I went pedal boating in MacArthur Park on Wilshire Blvd at Alvarado. It was the first time in my life I had ever gone pedal boating. I used to see them in the movies, most of the time the setting was in europe. IT looked like fun so I decided to check it out.

In addition to the boat ride and much more pleasant scenary, I was able to go shopping at the 99Cents Only Store, purchasing several bottles of juice at one third the price of comparable bottles in Skid Row.

The outing was a new step for me. It was the first time I went out on my own. People had to drag me, practically,to events out of the area a few months ago. AT that time I was stuck in feeling that life was hopeless. I did not want to reach for anything because I feared I would not be able to grab onto it. Or once I tasted something that was fun, I would never be able to taste it again. It was that fear that I told you about in a previous post. One has to work out of things like that. I enjoyed time by myself. It was another step in learning how to enjoy life and believing that there was so much to enjoy if I just believed that it could happen.

Some people do not want to do things alone. That is an excuse to remaining in a rut. The excuses are subtle but power in that the end result is that you do not move forward and one lets life pass them by.

So it was a victory for living and for pursuing new experiences. I will be back again.

2 comments:

carolinarnj said...

I sure do love reading what you write about, you are so good at it. Keep up the good work Walter. I have so much faith in you it's awesome.

Anonymous said...

I seriously love your website.. Pleasant colors & theme.
Did you make this website yourself? Please reply back as I'm trying to create my very own website and would love to learn where you got this from or just what the theme is named. Appreciate it!

my blog post - cardsharing tata Sky