Monday, February 4, 2008

The interview.



I made sure I was prepared for my interview this morning. Yesterday, I went to the store and purchased a new pair of black socks. I was not going to ever have non matching socks on again in life. I took it as a "getting back in shape process".

The picture above was how I looked when I interviewed this morning for a position where I can do alot of good in helping people regain their confidence. It is a good start and I believe I can be creative in developing long term programs to help the people of Skid Row.

Well, wish me luck.

You know, it took a long time for me to get back to this look. Friday I got back the look but, TODAY, I was able to get back the feel. I had to make sure the socks were right. I had to make sure the shoe laces were matching and not frayed.
The 10% that may not be in line with one's presentation can mess up the 90% that is perfect. I was glad to smooth out those remaining rough edges. It is an ongoing process.

I have to go. I must send my thank you letter. It is one of the things I will be teaching people to do in the prospective position--the importance of follow-up.

The week just started. Let's see what else can happen. I must keep myself busy otherwise I will go crazy thinking about Thursday.

No comments: