Thursday, December 13, 2007

progress report


11:40AM.

I had a meeting this morning with the head of the Chrysalis site, downtown. One of the best decisions I have made was to take their job class. She finally answered a question that no one else could answer-how to package my resume to spotlight certain things.

She just looked at it and was able to identify what needed to be done. I have my direction on how to proceed to the next level. She said we were making progress. I can see she is taking an interest in how this is developing.

I spent the rest of the time, looking at job openings on the web and emailing a couple of people.

I started studying more html. I have always liked computer programing. One thing about the it is you can see the results of your work immediately--at least at my level. It is necessary to learn this language. I have had a HTML book at home for a few years. HTML made easy. IT is a thick paperpack. I guess I was not ready to sit down and have the patience to learn it. I have patience now. I also view
html just as much as a prerequisite for the things I want to do as typing when I was in the 8th grade.

I also do not like having Don have the burden of doing all of the programming. Soon I will be able to contribute in areas that I am now impotent.

I am beginning to view my stint on Skid Row as a basic training camp or a college campus. I am lucky to have a friend and friends that are involved in information technology and delivery of information, in one form or another.

I was telling a friend of mine about the Quad at Penn, a dormitory. I wish I could have lived there. I did not do it while I was there. Many times I wanted to have the state of mind where I looked at my room at penn as a staging ground for studying and the advancement of studying. However, I found one distraction after another,tangible or intangible, to keep me from that attitude.

Must go now and take some pictures of downtown. it is lunchtime and Chrysalis is closing. it was time well spent.

by the way, the picture was taken on Broadway and 5th. I was facing north. It was a normal rush hour traffic scene. However, an hour later, every place was gridlocked downtown, as far as I could see. Skid Row was even gridlocked. IT was bumper to bumper on every street through Skid Row.

No comments: