Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas healing





That is Kevin and Debbie. They invited me to their warm home to enjoy Christmas.
The people at the table are their parents and neighbors.

Those pictures show what Christmas is about. Last year, I spent Christmas in a 100 bed dormitory at the Wayside facility of the LA county jail. I was in shock.

It is safe to say it was the most horrible Christmas of my life. I cried all day.
I thought of that day all year long and each time I shuddered with trauma that had set into my soul from that experience. I thought I would never get over it.

The Royce family is a warm family. I always knew they were special but I heard stories about them from their neighbors that made me just marvel at them. You are talking about two people that gave so much love to a child that she lived when she was not expected to do so.

It confirms my belief that love can win over all. Love is such a powerful energy that it can heal wounds when medicine can not.

That table, where the people are sitting, to me, is indicative of the best of America. Each of those individuals have so much love inside of them and they have no problem demonstrating that or sharing it with anyone. I was told by Millie, one of the people at the table, that we Americans sell ourselves short. I think she is correct. We have problems. So what. But at times we forget about the beautiful aspects of the american personality.

I was embraced by this family as one of them. Accepting me as one of their own healed alot of wounds. I was not with my nuclear family today. However, I was with my nuclear extended family. I never thought I would have that opportunity but I did have that opportunity and I healed so much from it and learn so much as well.

This is why we need to be proud of ourselves as Americans. We have th power, within each one of us. to bring joy into the life of someone. We have the power to heal someone from pain. It is our nature and we do it so well. I am grateful that we do as I needed to feel love so badly today.

I spent all day absorbing love and basking in all of its Glory. It is a special day in my journey. I am with special people. I am with people who make me feel safe, They make me feel proud and they make it real easy for me to like myself.

No matter why people are on Skid Row, they have one thing in common. They have a hard time feeling good about themselves. Low Self Esteem is the thread that runs so true in eveyone who walks those sidewalks endlessly searching for themselves. somehow, if they could experience the love I did today, they would have half of the battle won. The quality of the love I experienced is very rare though it is as precious and vital as the air we breath. It is easy to see why it is easy for them to love. There parents have so much love for eachother and display it so willingly.

If people can learn how to love, then they can learn from the experience I received today.

This is one of the beautiful experiences in living life without self indulgence.
I learned alot today. I learned how to believe that I am worthy of love. I learned more how to receibe it and to give it. Thank you very much.

Merry Christmas to everyone and a special Christmas thanks to the Royce clan.

Good night world. I love you.

WAlter Mitchell Melton

No comments: